Sun, Jun 18|
Pellegrino Healing Center
1 PM Group Sound Bath for PTSD & Stress Relief
Let the cells of your body absorb the sounds and vibrations designed to unify the heart and mind. This process targets what is out of balance in your system and brings it back into alignment.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Pellegrino Healing Center, 4307 Albany Post Rd, Hyde Park, NY 12538, USA
About the event
Hosted by Beth Wing, LPN, Usui Reiki Master, Intuitive Energy Healer, Certified Sound Therapy and Sound Healing Practitioner.
A sound bath is a deeply immersive, full-body listening experience. The sound waves can help you recalibrate your energy centers (chakras) and activate your parasympathetic nervous system for rest and relaxation.
Several decades of research support the use of sound therapy in treating PTSD and various other forms of trauma. In fact, the field of sound therapy traces its roots back to helping WWII soldiers in military hospitals recover from their injuries (both physical and psychological).
Research has shown that sound therapy can provide:
- Outlet for emotional expression
- Release of traumatic memories
- Reduction in anxiety and stress
- Improvement in emotional state and mood
- Empowerment for the client
- Improved physiological changes (better blood pressure, heart rate, etc.)
- Reduction of physical pain
- Increased relaxation/tapping into the parasympathetic nervous system
- Safe place for self-expression
- Creative outlet
- Connecting with like-minded individuals that share similar life experiences
Starting with a guided meditation to invoke deep relaxation, you will journey through the sound waves that tap into your parasympathetic nervous system and boost mood. You will be able to unwind, relax and recenter as you start to feel calm and relaxed.
Beth offers a unique sound bath experience, utilizing crystal singing bowls, a variety of Tibetan singing bowls, Koshi chimes, a variety of rain sticks and shamanic drums.
What to expect:
- Dress comfortably. You want to be as comfortable as possible while relaxing to receive the full benefits of this practice.
- You will be seated in an adirondack chair.
- Feel free to bring a blanket and pillow, whatever makes you most comfortable.
- Cell phones will need to be turned off or silenced/airplane mode.
Spots are limited so pre-registration & payment are required.Please read our "Event Cancellation Policy" at the bottom of our event page HERE.
11 AM Group Sound Bath
+$1.25 service fee
This sound bath will address anxiety and depression with soothing sounds to tap into your parasympathetic nervous system and boost mood.
+$1.25 service fee